Saturday, August 13, 2011

What can I do now that I can no longer perform the work I have been doing for all these years?

I am a 52 year old LPN nurse who has been working for 28 years. My body is breaking down but my mind is still sharp. I am still mobile and independent but I don't know how much longer I can continue with patient care. I have considered claiming disibillity but would still like to continue to do some kind of work in my field. I have hypertension with elevated cholesterol and have type 2 diabetes. I am starting to have some signs of neuropathy in my lower extremities. I have 2 bulging disc in my lower back, just from years of wear and tear. I have extreme difficulty in lifting and turning patients any more. Up until this last week I was still working 48 to 64 hrs a week and making a really good living. Unfortunately my health is suffering terribly because of my work. I have a Doctors appointment tomorrow. It's only been a month since my last appointment but my blood sugar levels are becoming more unstable and at the most he won't allow me to go longer than 3 months without a checkup. I am not financially stable and am so afraid of how I am going to make ends meet if I can't continue to work but I just don't know what else I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment