Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Found out husband was having affair with his college student...what's your opinion?

I posted a ?? On here back in september about my husband acting wierd and not wanting me and the kids around while he was doing freelance artwork. Everyone said affair, but I thought 4 sure he was just going thru something. Well I found out 3 days after superbowl that is was an affair with a 20yr old student of his. She is no longer his student but is still at the school. When I found out the 1st 2 weeks he said he def didn't want 2 be w/her but said he was unsure about staying married and I asked him to leave 4 awhile. After 2 weeks he started spending all of his time here again telling me I love you and everything else. I then found out that even after 6 weeks he had still been talking to her. He says it was because he cared so much about her that it took him awhile to end it. I told him he shouldn't have been in my bed if he was still talking to her. I'm 99 percent sure he is no longer talking 2 her and it has been almost 1 month, but of course I'm still very sensitive and my feelings have gone from sadness and hurt to anger. Have any of you gotten thru something like this, and how? I wonder what the statistics really are as far as if they cheat once they'll do it again? I am 28 and he is 34. His dad also just died from cancer and he said it happened because he completely lost his mind (and things were very stressful here)and realizes now what a fool he was. I'm wondering if he really did (or does) love her, and I'm wondering how many guys stay around not because they love their wife but because they don't want to lose their kids. He is living here now, but my head is in shambles, and we are going 2 counseling, which seems to help. It still just doesn't seem like he's bending over backwords to reure me. Or am I expecting too much? He has been spending a lot of time with me and he says that's how he shows me he loves me and wants to be here as opposed to flowers, etc. Thanks for your advice everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment